- I will be presenting an invited session on “Communicating statistics via social media, technology and blended learning” at the The Royal Statistical Society (RSS) international annual conference in September 2017.
- I have been invited to speak at the Teaching Excellence Framework conference scheduled for July 2017.
- I am an invited scientific committee member of the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (IMA) conference Mathematics Education beyond 16: Pathways and Transitions scheduled for July 2017.
- I will be co-chairing the scientific committee of an international conference in collaboration with the University of Glasgow in June 2017 http://www.b2l17.org.uk/ .
- I presented an invited session on communicating statistics to non-specialist university students at the RSS international annual conference in September 2016.
- I presented at the Academic Practice & Technology (APT) Conference 2016. The presentation was entitled “Enhancing students’ learning experience and promoting inclusive practice via social media”.
- I organised an international mathematics education conference The Second International Conference on Mathematical Resilience (March 2017) with the Open University attended by 50 academics.
- I organised an international mathematics education conference “Promoting Mathematics Resilience” in collaboration with the University of Warwick, who hosted the conference in March 2016. It was attended by 50 academics.
- I co-chaired the scientific committee of the international conference “Barriers and Enablers to Learning Maths: Enhancing Learning and Teaching for All Learners” attended by 75 academics in June 2015. This was an outcome of my conference proposal I presented to the IMA.